Mid '10 MacBook Pro - NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Glitch?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by delude, Jun 14, 2014.

1. delude macrumors 6502

Has anybody else had a problem where the graphics seems to 'glitch' every now and again? I finally managed to grab a screenie, where it held for a couple of seconds as opposed to a few milliseconds.

My Applecare has expired, it's a real pain in the ass but I'm not sure of how Apple would deal with it (it must be a hardware problem?)
    In the UK we have 6 years to claim against a manufacturing defect, do you think this might be covered and could be fixed fairly quickly?

Pic of the pixels 'glitching':

[​IMG]

2. chrfr macrumors 603

Known issue. Take it to Apple and see what they say. In the US, all of these computers are outside of the free repair window.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4088

3. delude thread starter macrumors 6502

Outside of the window? Ah ****. I thought for so long that it was a dodgy cable connecting my monitor...it was only when I actually started using it as a laptop recently that I realised something was up.

4. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I occasionally see it too. More often than before. Wonder what the repair costs are if it gets worse.

5. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

If it is a hardware failure would you be able to catch it with a screenshot?
    I didn't think you could!

Barney

6. delude thread starter macrumors 6502

That's very true, but what I mean is it's the hardware that I thought it would be a graphics hardware problem that causes the error in the graphical interface like that, ie no amount of software tinkering would fix it.

I guess I will have to try and take it into a store, although the next opportunity will be in a couple of weeks time as I really need to use it! Hopefully I can quote their site on the 6 year consumer law - it's clearly not a problem that has been caused by me, especially if it's a recognised problem, and obviously isn't down to normal usage.

7. leman macrumors 604

Of course you would. Video RAM corruption or anything that has to do with texture mapping/ROP can be easily captured in a screenshot.