Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keatth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
13-inch: 2.6GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
256GB PCIe-based flash storage1
Intel Iris Graphics
Built-in battery (9 hours)2

vs.

15-inch: 2.2GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
16GB 1600MHz memory
256GB PCIe-based flash storage1
Intel Iris Pro Graphics
Built-in battery (8 hours)2

I have both computers and trying to figure out which one to take back. Which one would you get and why?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What will your uses be, i.e., how will you use it?

As for me, I'd opt for the 15", because I prefer the larger display and superior iGPU, quad core processors and 16GB of ram.

Its really personal preference, some folks like the smaller laptop, others like me, prefer the larger model. Get which one fits your needs.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Again a question of power vs portability and what you plan to use it for. In fact, I am in a similar dilemma about selling either my 13'' or 15'' rMBP. I want to sell the 13'', but my current uses don't require the power/larger screen size of the 15'' and may benefit from the smaller/lighter qualities of the 13''. As of now I still haven't listed one.

By the way, you should have posted this in the Macbook Pro forum.

---

Its really personal preference, some folks like the smaller laptop, others like me, prefer the larger model. Get which one fits your needs.

I am inclined to keep the larger one as well. I have been noticing some issues with the small amount of screen space there is running the 13'' in "Best For Retina" mode. A Quad CPU is also nice to have just in case I start doing more with it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.