Mid-2007 Macbook Advice Please

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Pumas927, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Pumas927 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

PC user here looking to get into the Mac side of things. I am sick of having to deal with all of the demons of Windows Vista, and lets face it: waging war with iTunes is just a pain in the ass. I can't count how many times I have lost music because it has crashed.

I am a college student (majoring in Health Education), so I would not need much in terms of high performance. Just the basics like e-mail, web browsing, word processing, photo + music storage, etc. I am currently looking at this beauty on Amazon-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000QW6QJG/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1328373742&sr=1-2&condition=used

The one I am pretty interested in has "UPGRADED: Mac OS X version 10.7.2 (Lion) 500GB HARDDRIVE, 4GB MEMORY! (Includes Office Mac 2004 & 2008)"

I have also read the thread on the Macbook forum here talking about using a a later model (07 I think) in 2011, and from what most people have been saying, it isn't a bad idea at all.

From what youguys can tell, does this seem to be a good deal? Or am I better off investing in something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have also emailed the seller regarding general body condition, battery life, and so on. Just waiting on an answer.

Thanks!

-G

2. JustDom89 macrumors member

JustDom89

It seems like a deal. Maybe try to get a picture to see it for yourself. I bought a MBP that was describes as being in good condition and the screen had marks on it and dead pixels. :(