Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

austin571

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Knoxville
Hello,
Please help
I have a mid 2007 I got from surplus, upped the ram to 4, found out programs need at least 10.7 and it had 10.6.8 and the only free upgrade was Yosemite. I downloaded it. Now I am trying to get the mac to recognize the smartboard. Notebook is installed. Also I have an infocus projector that I need to get set up. Plugged in the USB for smart board and the monitor cable for the projector. Go to display, check mirror, but nothing displays on the smartboard from the projector.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Hello,

Please help

I have a mid 2007 I got from surplus, upped the ram to 4, found out programs need at least 10.7 and it had 10.6.8 and the only free upgrade was Yosemite. I downloaded it. Now I am trying to get the mac to recognize the smartboard. Notebook is installed. Also I have an infocus projector that I need to get set up. Plugged in the USB for smart board and the monitor cable for the projector. Go to display, check mirror, but nothing displays on the smartboard from the projector.

Are you running Yosemite on this now? How is the projector connected (VGA, DVI, DVI --> VGA Adapter, etc.)?

austin571

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Knoxville
Using the mini-dvi to vga display. Bulb does work with other computers.

----------

Have Yosemite on there now. That was the only free upgrade available fro 10.6.8. No other issues with the computer.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Using the mini-dvi to vga display. Bulb does work with other computers.

----------

Have Yosemite on there now. That was the only free upgrade available fro 10.6.8. No other issues with the computer.
Try connecting it to a different monitor or projector for troubleshooting.

austin571

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2009
Knoxville
Tech came by today - after googling seems Yosemite is having problems with projectors. We have some laptops with Yosemite on there from teh get go - no problem - just seems to be ones with upgrades. Don't know - going back to Lion I think.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Tech came by today - after googling seems Yosemite is having problems with projectors. We have some laptops with Yosemite on there from teh get go - no problem - just seems to be ones with upgrades. Don't know - going back to Lion I think.

Definitely a possibility that I wouldn't have expected since I am running 10.9 here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.