Mid 2009 13" Macbook Pro - Hard Drive And Clamshell Mode

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Benny08, May 22, 2011.

1. Benny08 macrumors member

Benny08

Hey Guys,
    Just some questions i have here.
    i live australia and have a mid 2009 13" Macbook Pro, i was wanting to upgrade the hard drive in it from its stock 120gb to something around 640gb, where is the best place to buy from and what brands do you recommend?

also i have my macbook pro connected to my 27" LED cinema display and it sits on a book Arc stand in clamshell mode, i was wondering if anyone knew the best way to be able to get it to turn back on from shut down without having to open it and press the on button?

thanks again guys :)

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Not sure where is good to buy from in Australia, but WD makes good products, which is what I personally use.

As for turning it on, the only way is with the power button, there's no way around that. I'd recommend just using sleep mode when you're not using it. That way you can just hit a key, and it wakes up, and you're ready to go.

3. Benny08 thread starter macrumors member

Benny08

yes i was looking into western digital i prefer there products alot more, hmm i thought there would be no way around the on/off button becuase i keep it in sleep normally but im scared about my battery life becuase it is always on charge on the stand

thanks so much :)

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You should unplug and run on battery for several hours every few days, to keep the battery exercised. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

5. Benny08 thread starter macrumors member

Benny08

yes i run a power cycle on my battery every so often and everyso often the screen will allow me to run it without it being plugged into the power, now i just need to find somewhere to buy a hard drive from -.-