Mid 2009 13" Mbp ram upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Paskell, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Paskell macrumors member

Currently my Mbp runs far to slow.. It is 2.26ghz with 2gb ram. My question is what is the highest amount of ram it can handle should I just get 4gb or is 8gb overkill? Mostly will be for D3 or Wow and right now it's choppy.. And normal tasks even run slow..

2. zepman macrumors regular

zepman

3. offthehook macrumors member

8gb dd3.
    but you won't see a major improvement when playing d3. I have the same macbook with 8gb installed and can barely run d3 on lowest possible settings.
    the 9400m card is the bottleneck here!
    mine runs strong with mountain lion and 8gb of ram when doing basic office work or even graphics and motion design (hooked up to a 24'' external monitor).
    if you want to really boost performance install a SSD. but that won't help you play d3 smoothly either. it will however increase overall OS performance

best regards

4. Giuly, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

5. robvas macrumors 68020

Have you thought about an upgrade? Going to a 2010 will be a big improvement.

[​IMG]

6. Paskell thread starter macrumors member

Well for some reason I can run d3 perfectly fine in some areas and in others it's choppy so I'm not sure.. I do realize my gpu is not that great either. If I get an upgrade it would be Mac mini or iMac just use Mbp for web etc yet Mac mini intel hd 4000 graphics arnt the best for games..