mid 2009 Mac book pro won't boot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Peelzy, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Peelzy macrumors newbie

My Mac froze while using light room so I had to power it off. When I went to restart, it got stuckon the grey apple logo screen. I've try holding shift as well as command, option, p and r, but nothing works.

What should I do???

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

-Peelzy

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

3. Peelzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Question... If my battery is old and going bad, would this cause the machine to cut off during reboot even though I have it plugged in?

I've tried all three solutions but the machine keeps cutting off when the status bar gets up to the left edge of the apple.

4. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

Well if your battery is bad, it could be the problem. But i recommend you take it to apple. When i had my 2010 mac book pro it would sometimes shut off as soon as i turn it on or 20 minutes after. But i think mine is a different case.

5. chipchen macrumors 6502

It doesn't sounds like a power/battery problem because it still boots... when you hear the chime, that's something called POST... that means the computer mainly things the hardware is usable.

It sounds like maybe you corrupted the operating system when you did the hard shut down. You may try booting from the a Mac OS install disc... or the recovery partition if you have a newer version of the OS (boot holding down Option key and see if Recovery is an option).

Worst case, take it to the Apple Store and have the Genius Bar (make an appt first) reinstall the OS.

FYI, you're data is likely all intact.