Mid 2009 Macbook Pro wifi/bluetooth/iSight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by protojman, Apr 3, 2013.

1. protojman macrumors newbie

I have a 2.66, 320 GB HD Mac as listed above. About a year ago I started having problems with wifi. Apparently what was happening was that, due to physical damage of the shell, the wifi cable was being pinched. I managed to get the computer to work with the shell closed attached to a monitor- wifi and all. I decided recently to dig in and see if I could get rid of clutter. I figured if I took the display off, I could use the laptop's built-in keyboard, mouse, and iSight with just a display attached.
    After taking it apart and putting it back together the bluetooth, WiFi, and iSight didn't work- all three are on the same cable. After some finagling I managed to get the bluetooth working again. Then a day later after disconnecting the wire and reconnecting it the iSight worked. The WiFi, however, still does not work and is the most important part. At first I thought that the cable was just bad, but now I am not sure. Regardless, I am unable to find a replacement cable for my model and feel stuck. Any suggestions and help are welcome. Thank you.

2. protojman thread starter macrumors newbie

I think they used this specific design for only a few months. I can find several cables online from 2008-2009 that go from the logic board to the wifi and isight, but not the one from late 2009 that also has bluetooth