Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calim2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Dear all bro and sis,

Hello! This is the first time I've had a major Problem with my notebook, I hope somebody can help me.

My MacBook White 5.2 (mid 2009) with OS X Mavericks. Upon power on the computer, 1) the sleep indicator light will flash rapidly for 4-7 times, followed by a long beeping sound (approx 2 secs, non-recurring) before it takes awhile to boot up normally. This is kinda frustrating and worrying.

I've checked the online forum and it doesn't match any of those described online.

Has anyone had the same issue before? Please kindly offer your advice on this issue.

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
Dear all bro and sis,

Hello! This is the first time I've had a major Problem with my notebook, I hope somebody can help me.

My MacBook White 5.2 (mid 2009) with OS X Mavericks. Upon power on the computer, 1) the sleep indicator light will flash rapidly for 4-7 times, followed by a long beeping sound (approx 2 secs, non-recurring) before it takes awhile to boot up normally. This is kinda frustrating and worrying.

I've checked the online forum and it doesn't match any of those described online.

Has anyone had the same issue before? Please kindly offer your advice on this issue.

Sounds like a memory issue. Pop the bottom off and remove one stick of ram and start it. If it's still doing it, try the other.

If it's still not working correctly, try new ram. After that, I'm all out of ideas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.