Mid-2009 vs 2010 MBPs -- any cosmetic changes?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Collider, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Collider macrumors regular

So, I've had my i7 for about three days now, and thus far I'm loving it.

I'm just curious, though, as to whether there are any actual differences at all between the aluminum enclosure for the 2010 model and the mid-2009 one. For example, I'm positive the lid on my new MBP feels much heavier when I close it / open it than my previous one did, but I can't help wondering if that's just my imagination ("it's new, therefore it must be different somehow").

Having gotten this one as a free replacement for my previous faulty machine (and had AppleCare thrown in too, talk about customer service!), I obviously no longer have my old one, so I can't compare the two side-by-side... so my question is, has anyone who has both models noticed those sorts of little differences, or am I convincing myself there are changes that don't exist?

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

I believe the mic input port is no longer present, thats about it.

3. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

That's only true with differences between the uni macbook and the 13 inch macbook pro. The Macbook pro has a combined audio in/out port.

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

What I meant to say was that there is only a single input now, whereas there were two separate ports before on the 2009 models. One for headphones, one for mic. I am using my 2009 13" MBP and 2010 13" MBP as reference.

5. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

It feels like the hinge exerts more resistance when opening. That's probably why it feels heavier.