mid 2010 13" macbook pro will no longer connect to home network

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chupacabra31, Sep 22, 2011.

1. chupacabra31 macrumors member

Just got back from a visit to relatives where macbook pro connected fine to their wifi, get home and it would not connect, at one point it did connect but it was sluggish and dropped me out. Meanwhile my gfs netbook connects just fine.

In fact that is what I am using right now. The wireless router is a belkin surfer300N. I deleted all the networks stored in the network preferences>advanced settings area.

Probably a simple fix, but I can't think of anything right now.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

You could try deleting the KeyChain keys for your system and see if that helps. They are under the Applications/Utilities location and then within the Keychain access remove the wireless settings under the System area.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

have you tired the little reset button on the back of the router? that always fixes my connection issues

4. chupacabra31 thread starter macrumors member

5. chupacabra31, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

chupacabra31 thread starter macrumors member

Looks like it is a conflict with a neighbor who was using the same channel as my wifi. Argh seems like the wireless router on auto setting should seek out a different channel if this happens no? Anyway I manually changed it and now all is right in the world. At least now if this happens again I have something to check and a point of reference I suppose.