Resolved Mid 2010 15" MBP: three beeps on startup after thermal paste replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raptor402, Jun 23, 2014.

1. raptor402, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014

raptor402 macrumors 6502

Hello, forum

I finally got fresh thermal paste and reapplied it on my mid-2010 15" MBP. I put it all back together and plugged in the charger (the battery was completely dry). The light on the charger started green (as is normal) and then turned amber (as is, again, normal). After that, before I could press the power button, the laptop emitted three short beeps with the sleep indicator light flashing concurrently.

The first thing I checked was the memory. It seems to be just fine. The battery connector is settled in okay too. I can't find anything else that's wrong with it. Please advise.

Regards
    Raptor

tl;dr: I redid the thermal paste on my mid-2010 15" MBP and now get three short beeps on startup (no grey screen). I checked the memory. Please help

2. raptor402 thread starter macrumors 6502

UPDATE: So I found the original memory that came in the MBP. I pushed it in and the laptop booted up fine. So, the MBP is working fine with the old memory but no longer working with the new memory that had been running just fine for a whole year?

Raptor

----------

UPDATE: Okay, so I cleaned the memory and plugged it in. Booting fine now. Thank you!

Mods: Please feel free to delete this thread.

Raptor