mid 2010 21.5 iMac question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Lou Frasier, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Lou Frasier macrumors newbie

desperately hoping somebody can help figure this out,i would like to have it fixed so i can edit my video and photos without problem ,si have a mid 2010 21.5 inch mac and sometimes when I'm uploading a video to youtube or Facebook or even when i am doing panoramas in photoshop my computer either freezes up so i can't do anything or it tells me there is not enough ram(memory) to completely fill the panorama,I'm wanting to know if you can tell me what may be wrong with my computer?i did install 2 4 gig memory cards to go with the already ones that are in here and it did not make a difference,thank you for any help you can give,my name is Lou:cool:

2. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

How much RAM is seen by your computer? Did you check to see if they were showing up and that your Mac sees the correct amount of installed RAM?

If your Mac doesn't show the correct amount of RAM nor recognize the ones you put in there, I'd point at your RAM as the obvious cause of these issues.

Otherwise, you may have a failing hard drive. That generation of 21.5" iMacs did have a known issue with the hard drives failing.

3. Lou Frasier thread starter macrumors newbie

it is seeing the extra ram that i put in there and all of the disks check out fine,,thanks for the reply