Price Advice mid-2010 defective i7 Macbook Pro 15"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shin93, Jul 2, 2014.

1. shin93 macrumors newbie

Hello! I just got my brand new rMBP so figured that i want to sell my older MBP.

It has a problem where it constantly restarts whenever I'm using Microsoft office programs such as words, excel, powerpoint etc. and *once* when watching youtube using chrome.

Asked the problem at apple support page and apparently my MBP is defective and that Apple would replace the motherboard or something but since I live in ******* country (Indonesia) the Apple ASP here says they don't know anything about it and they can't do anything... although I showed them this page from Apple they just keep saying they can't help..... Oh well.. I bought apple because of their extremely awesome after sales service I experienced in Singapore and Japan but Indonesia are as always terrible in after sales :mad:

So I kept using it for a year now and those restarting problem only occurs when I'm using microsoft office. And only once it occurred when I'm web browsing. (I can't remember but i think it also restarted once when I was coding using NetBeans, maybe Microsoft office was running in background. cant remember).. So yeah... It still does work. I don't know what causes this problem but before updating to Mountain Lion it was completely fine, so I guess its an OS related thing? I don't know..

Anyway the machine's body is 80% good, there are couple of dents and scratches but really unnoticeable. Battery works fine, everything else is good (I think).

My MBP is the i7, 4GB, GT330M mid 2010 model.

How much do you think I could get for this? I was planning to sell it for Rp. 6.500.000 which is equivalent to 543$, is it too much for a broken device? :p

Sorry for the looooong post and sorry for my english ;) Thank you.

2. shin93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh well... i'm not getting as much as I'd like eh...
    Anyway thanks ;)