mid-2010 HD AG screen brightness issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2high2aim, Jul 13, 2010.

1. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

Ok, so since I have purchased my MBP the screen changes in brightness from time to time. Its been about a little over 7 weeks of ownership and I have noticed it for awhile but now it bothers me a little. I use my MBP 15 i7 4gb ram HD AG in class/school majority of the time. In class I use my MBP at about 1/2 brightness (compared to full) in this fixed setting I have had the brightness flicker between bright to slightly dull and back. I have not dropped my MBP nor any other sort of damage so that’s out of the question. Wondering if this is common issue or not and what I should do?

I think I will show it to a Genius but I do not know how I will show this as it only happens once in awhile.

2. nimski62 macrumors regular

System preferences --> display --> Uncheck auto brightness setting

3. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

wow I didnt know that their is a setting like that, thanks I will try it out and hopefully my issue gets resolved. I know that the keyboard will adjust brightness but did not know the screen will too. Well I am a little busy right now and so when I do have time I will check out the settings. Thanks again for your help.