Mid 2010 i7 Macbook Pro can't install 64 bit W7?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ekk20, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ekk20 macrumors member

Hi guys, I just wanted to ask the experts, how to install 64 bit Windows 7 on my Mid2010 i7 Macbook Pro?

I initially tried to install 64 bit, but it would keep asking me for missing drivers right at the beginning of the installation. I've tried also, to burn the disc at the slowest speed setting as some users have found success, but still no dice. I then inserted my 32 bit Windows 7 and it installed smoothly, and operated smoothly.

Until just now after I clicked into Properties of Computer, I saw that only 2.18 gig of ram could be used, and now I would very much prefer to use 64 bit Windows 7.

According to Apple's boot camp page, Windows 7 64 bit shouldn't cause me any problems and is installable. I've successfully installed 64 bit W7 on my late 2007 iMac.

Any advice here would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. mBox macrumors 68020

Ive had luck on the a recent i7 MBP. I even used a burnt disc the IT guy gave me. Maybe its your media causing probs? Running Windows 7 64 Enterprise version on a few MBP here.

3. ekk20 thread starter macrumors member

I'm trying to install W7 Ultimate. Since I lost my original ISO file for my 64 bit and the disc I have is a bit scratched, I'm going to use Nero LiteBurn and hopefully I can just straight dub it to another blank DVD and install with it.

Thank you for sharing your experience though ;)

4. ekk20 thread starter macrumors member

Just wanted to update everyone that the problem I was having was due to a bad burn.

What I did was I burned another DVD with Microsoft Windows 7 USB/DVD tool and cha-ching, it worked.

Cheers.

5. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Nice to know Boot Camp supports 64-bit OSes now!