Mid-2010 iMac run Assassins Creed: Brotherhood?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by hazwaz7, Oct 27, 2011.

1. hazwaz7 macrumors newbie

I have a 21.5" low end mid-2010 iMac with a 3.06Ghz i3 intel CPU and a ATI Radeon HD 4670 256MB GPU.

I'm seriously considering purchasing Assassins Creed Brotherhood for Mac but i'm unsure as to whether it will run smoothly. I dont want to buy it if it won't, so does anyone know if it will be playable on my iMac

2. andydckent macrumors member

Assassins Creed II did run on my 2008 3.06 iMac with 256mb graphics card but not well unless I reduced the resolution. (It had worked fine before my 512mb card died and was replaced).

I guess brotherhood will run but you may need to reduce the resolution to run it smoothly? Unless the smalled 21.5" screen changes this (mine was 24").

3. hazwaz7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply! Okay, I guess I'll go ahead and buy it.

I'll update this with how well the game runs once I've tested it :D

4. hazwaz7 thread starter macrumors newbie

- I downloaded it from steam and it quite a while thanks to my super slow wifi!
    - It took about 10-12 times for the game to run as it kept crashing! :(
    - However, it has opened first time ever since so I don't know what the problem was!
    - I haven't changed any settings except the resolution (it was originally 800x600 and I changed it to 1920x1080)
    - the other settings appear to be set quite low but it is still impressive and runs really smoothly with no lag at all!

I haven't tested multiplayer but the single player story mode is epic! :apple:

5. andydckent macrumors member

Glad to here it worked!

And yes your right the story is pretty good. Have you tried Assassins Creed II? You'd enjoy that too.

I didn't have much luck with the multiplayer on brotherhood as there never seemed to be enough people online to play against.