Mid 2010 MBP battery issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pablo90, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Pablo90 macrumors member

Hi guys, last week I bought the relatively new MBP 13".
    The battery capacity is still 100% (coconutbattery, etc) but I'm not so sure it really is fine.

Yesterday I edited a video in Premiere Pro CS5 for about 3.5 hours, using the magic mouse and with the Airport on.
    I used for about ten minutes Internet and iTunes, of course keeping Premiere opened in the background.

Now my battery is 33% full with 2.10 estimated remaining hours... Is that normal?
    I'm pretty worried because even when I just browse the Internet, maybe on Youtube, and listen to iTunes in the background, it seems my battery doesn't live that much..
    I'm not sure about how many hours it lasts, but I guess (just guessing!) 5-6, would that be normal?

Thanks in advance, P.

2. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

Video editing, Youtube, iTunes... it all uses up the juice. Have no worries, its normal. If you want to achieve the battery times that Apple says you have to:
    1. Use your MacBook Pro with 50% dimmed display
    2. surf the web OR write in Pages
    3. EVERYTHING else must be off, no other programs running.

3. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

For your usage that seems fairly normal there is no need to worry. You don't get apples stated battery life because you need to do certain things like Constantine1337 said.

4. Pablo90 thread starter macrumors member

All right, thank you guys.
    I'll try to use it with 50% brightness and no backlighted keyboard (useless during the day).

I also turned off the auto-regulation of the brightness, because sometimes it's even too bright...

Thank you again, bye!

5. LocoStrange macrumors member

5 hours of "heavy" use? Id say that is about average. I am currently switching between 6 hours and 8 hours at 85% with just sitting here with a little less than 50% brightness and 25% keyboard backlight.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios