mid-2010 MBP need help with battery.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mjoshi123, Dec 7, 2012.

1. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

I'm using 2010 MBP and now it seems at the most I can get from a single charge is 2-3 hours of use. I want to know if there is way to know health of battery as well as if I need to get it replaced ? Within 2 years of use the battery drain feels bit more unusual but is there a way I could calibrate it or improve it ? Most of time is it simply web surfing and light weight computing.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Use iStat Pro (free) or iStat Menus ($16) to get accurate readings of your battery, temps, fan speeds and much more.
    The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries in older Apple notebooks.

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. mjoshi123 thread starter macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

Thank you for your response, I checked my battery status and it says "Service Battery". I could not find much information about it on Apple link apart from schedule appointment with you service center. Is it something I should be concerned about ?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Service Battery can show when your battery health drops below 75% or when there is another problem with your battery. I'd have it checked by Apple.