Mid-2010 MBP

Macinthelou

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
I have a mid-2010 MBP (yes, I know it's old, but I have a use for it!) and the battery is no longer functional...where can I find out the cost for a replacement? (I can't make it to my local Apple Store right now...)

Thanks!

Vazza

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2006
London, UK
I have a mid-2010 MBP (yes, I know it's old, but I have a use for it!) and the battery is no longer functional...where can I find out the cost for a replacement? (I can't make it to my local Apple Store right now...)

Thanks!

A few years ago I paid around £80 iirc at the Apple Store for a replacement battery for my mid 2010 MBP.

Comment

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
A few years ago I paid around £80 iirc at the Apple Store for a replacement battery for my mid 2010 MBP.
I don't think Apple stock them anymore.

You'll have to check eBay/Amazon, and try your best to find a reputable one. Take that £80 as a guide price and find something with good reviews for a similar price. Don't be fooled by anything listing OEM for only £20 or whatever, it'll be fake, harmful, and potentially dangerous.

Also replace it yourself, it's a few screws on the bottom and the battery is a self-contained item. Just unplug it and plug the new on it, screw case back on. Simples!

Comment

Fishrrman

macrumors Core
Feb 20, 2009
One more vote for ifixit.com.

They have the battery, the tools, and a good online illustrated guide on how to change it out.

If you have the back off, it's a good time to install an SSD if there isn't one already there.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.