Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
3 Tabs open on Safari (Gmail, Facebook, Macrumors). I headed to this website and clicked on the forums tab. The Mac froze. The mouse pointer wouldn't move and I had to press the power button. It may have happened before though I can't recall.

Apple Hardware Test is not on it due to Mountain Lion upgrade. Internet based AHT says this machine is not supported.

4GB of memory, 16.47GB hard drive space free (need to offload some Doctor Who seasons).

Is is my lack of free hard drive space or should I bring it to Apple to have them look at it (I have Applecare until November 2013).

josephmccutchen

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2010
South Korea
3 Tabs open on Safari (Gmail, Facebook, Macrumors). I headed to this website and clicked on the forums tab. The Mac froze. The mouse pointer wouldn't move and I had to press the power button. It may have happened before though I can't recall.

Apple Hardware Test is not on it due to Mountain Lion upgrade. Internet based AHT says this machine is not supported.

4GB of memory, 16.47GB hard drive space free (need to offload some Doctor Who seasons).

Is is my lack of free hard drive space or should I bring it to Apple to have them look at it (I have Applecare until November 2013).

First thing that comes to my mind is RAM. I've seen many times where a computer would suddenly freeze, and it was because of bad RAM. Do you know how to work on Macs? If so, take off the bottom cover and take out one of the sticks of RAM, and see if that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.