Mid 2010 White MacBook 13 Inch

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Paul H, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Paul H macrumors newbie

Paul H

I purchased a Mid-2010 White MacBook from Experimac 2 weeks ago and ran Tech Tool Pro 9.5 tests on it and it had failed the Smart Test for the hard drive. I had them give me money back since I was replacing the drive with an SSD anyway and the rest of the unit tested ok. Now today the Battery Sensor failed with a 14 A rating. The battery itself tested ok... is the sensor on the battery itself of the logic board? I reset the SMC but still get the same results. The battery only has 79 cycles on it so must have been replaced once and is made by SMP in 2013. Still within the warranty period but irks me because they really should test their used Macs before selling them. I feel for the people who don't know how to work thru some of these errors and find out what is going on and are at the mercy of these stores. I thought they were reputable but now I am wondering.

2. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

Just bought one myself today. Pretty good condition, few marks and two small cracks but otherwise great and fully working. Well, almost, because the battery 'needs service'. 377 cycles with 70% health doesn't seems too bad to me though, it still works fine.

Weird that you have problems when you would expect them to test the machines before they sell them. At least you got warranty, use it to full extent.

I bought mine second hand, no warranty. Hopefully it will survive my July trip to South Korea.

3. Paul H thread starter macrumors newbie

Paul H

Weird thing is the test today came back normal. I would just like to know if the battery sensor is on the logic board or on the battery itself. Would rest easier if it was on the battery.