Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoJa15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
[PROBLEM SOLVED] See post later in thread for scores. I was able to install catalyst 11.12 drivers.

I have a mid 2011 21.5" 2.7GHz core i5 iMac with the 6770m (512mb) graphics card. Recently all of a sudden the graphics performance of the machine in games on windows 7 seems to have decreased. I checked my windows 7 experience score and sure enough it looks like the graphics card score is less as the disk subsystem used to be the lowest score. You can see my score with the attached image.

My question is could someone else with a similar machine let me know if they get the same scores or better?

Is there a way to test the graphics card performance in OSX? If there is could someone post their scores for the same machine? If my performance is fine in OSX it would point to a driver issue. If it was in both OS's then it would point to a card problem.

I also posted my scores for my macbook pro that has a similar card but with 1GB Vram as opposed to 512mb. I would assume the scores should be similar but the macbook is much better.

Thanks in advance to any help provided.

- John

Attachments

• iMac_Specs.png
    iMac_Specs.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 89
  • macbook_specs.png
    macbook_specs.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

JoJa15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
Any thoughts anyone? At a minimum does anyone have any guides on making sure the video card drivers are correct? The only thing I can think of is the video card drivers are screwed up and that is creating the poor performance numbers.

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
try reinstalling drivers, or install older ones. if you recently upgraded drivers, install the ones you had before, or you check if there is another update available.

JoJa15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
Problem Solved. I was able to install the latest 11.12 ATI drivers and now my graphics performance scores are up to 6.9.

Attachments

• iMac_Specs.png
    iMac_Specs.png
    51 KB · Views: 70

JoJa15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.