Mid 2011 27" gone - what next?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by freshe, Jun 9, 2013.

1. freshe macrumors regular

Getting rid of my almost a year old 27" mid 2011 i5 imac and I need suggestion as to how I should fill that void ?

I sort of needed something more mobile (since my son started walking he's all over the place) so obvious choice was mbp 15" - but I kind of got used to 27"s
    working space that it offers and I didn't really want retina either

so should I just go for current 27" i7 nv gtx680 2gb or wait for an update ? and will it be really that worth waiting anyway ? what will I get 10% quicker machine ?

2. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

The laptops might be upgraded in the next few days, wait to see what Apple says at the WWDC Monday. The iMac is not likely to get a spec boost until the last quarter of the year but it could come sooner as this time its just the internals which will see a spec change.

I have a 27" 2012 and it's great but I don't need it to be portable so wasn't even looking at getting a MBP.

3. Bear macrumors G3

The exact speed increase on the next set of iMacs depends on what processors Apple chooses to put in them. If they're the same GHz, then probably about 10%.

If I were going to replace my iMac right now, I would go with the 680MX w/fusion drive. I would also probably get the faster CPU since that combo is available refurbished and would cost less than a CTO with just the 680MX and fusion drive.