Mid-2011 iMac airport issues?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Hamoodi, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Hamoodi macrumors member

Hey all! My iMac has been having this issue off and on for the past 2-4 months. It keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi for no reason what-so-ever. I have reset the modem multiple times. And it just keeps happening. It is not my actual connection because my Xbox and iPhone are working fine when my iMac craps out.

Any tips/ is anybody else dealing with this? :confused: :mad:

2. skeleb macrumors member

My iMac 2011 21,5" does the same thing. It started after the 10.7.3 update, and after trying to fix the problem I just plugged in an ethernet cable because I couldn't stand the dropping anymore. I'm pretty sure the fault lies in OSX, because other WiFi devices do not disconnect and I have tried 2 different modems, and the problem persists with both of them.

3. Hamoodi thread starter macrumors member

Yea that is what i was thinking skeleb. No other devices disconnect, except for the iMac.

4. omvs macrumors 6502

I've been having that happen for a while, well before the 10.7.3 update -- I want to say at least 4 months like you stated. However, I figured it might just be due to flakiness in the wireless router supplied by Verizon.

I *think* it might have been better when I was using a Time Capsule, but I gave it away a while ago and am not sure. Generally I run on wired now to get better bandwidth, in which case I won't notice.