mid 2011 (with BTS) or end 2011 imac? (F that BTS discount!)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ws00297440, May 30, 2011.

1. ws00297440 macrumors newbie

I feel like if you dont buy that ****in Imac right when it comes available to the market, you gotta wait for the next one cuz the cycle is just 7 - 9 months, which is so fast.

now here is the problem, when this mid 2011 Imac came out, which is a month and xx days ago, I was so pumped, I wanted to buy but I thought that $200 savings from BTS really matters, So I waited like a month for this discount.

But now rumors saying BTS will occur after June 6th, which is almost 2 months after mid 2011 Imac announcement.

Now Im considering, If I only wait for half year, at the end of this year, I can buy a newer IMAC

OR, If i WAIT A FULL YEAR, MID 2012 MODEL WILL BE OUT.

This is ****ing vicious cycle. Anything you buy doesnt retain its value

Im just crazy, Been refreshing that ****in Apple store page for 2 months. and quoted thousand times of that IMAC and never clicked "checkout" button.

I think if I spend all those wasted times on making money I would have had already earned that BTS discount back.

opportunity cost !!!!!MUDDA FUKAAAA

I hate apple, why they always perform like a riddle.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Every company is constantly updating their products, not just apple. I also wouldn't expect a new iMac before March of next year, so you might as well buy now, or you'll never buy a computer. The waiting game is pretty much pointless.

3. Herdfan macrumors 6502

The new iMac was released May 3. Doing the math, that is 28 days ago, which unless this is February, is less than a month and certainly less than a month and XX days.

Taking us from release day until June 6th is only 35 days, or 4-5 days longer than most months. Certainly not anywhere near 2 months.

4. Codpeace macrumors member

Codpeace

Yes, it appears that someone accidentally took Mother's meds instead of her own...

5. Steamrunner macrumors member

I can't see there being another iMac this year - historically Apple seem to prefer having their Chrimbo line-up locked in by late October, meaning that if a new iMac were to appear it would only be about 5 months after the current one. And the SSD-equipped models would only have been available for about 4 months. Of course, with Apple anything is possible, but this just doesn't seem likely.

As for stuff not retaining its value, that's not really true when it comes to Apple kit - Apple hardware tends to retain value more than products from other companies. In the world of computers, there's always something better just around the corner - buy, or don't buy; it's up to you. On the plus side, we're at a point now where hardware is ahead of software, and the fact you can now get iMacs and MBPs with Thunderbolt means that whatever you buy now will last you even longer than before.

6. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Only true in term of CPU performance, not the case on GPU side. Many games or 3d application still demand much more than a GPU can handle :p

Why developers just make games graphic become more and more demanding? And GPU replacement cycle still rapid, next year gaming always designed to become more and more demanding, now this is vicious cycle :p

For OP ... oh please, stop whining .. you want and need iMac now? It´s time !! iMac just updated around 30 days ago, so stop whining, wait for BTS promotion and get one. Why care about future update? In the future you should be able to make more money, sell your old one and get the new one if you really want or need to. Why the hate and whining?

WHY NOT WAIT FOR iMAC 2020 THEN? :rolleyes: