Mid 2012 MacBook Pro in for repair for the 2nd time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Elmzeh, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Elmzeh macrumors regular

Elmzeh

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice - I purchased a brand new, built to order Mid 2012 this January 2013.

I've had it for around 6 months and already it's had to go in for repair twice, both times for faults that were not caused by me;

The 1st repair was a complete logic board replacement and now it's in for repair as some of the keyboard keys had stopped responding. The 1st time it was in for around 10 days and this time I've been quoted 14 days.

I've taken extremely good care of the system and am definitely loving OS X compared to Windows but this is becoming quite frustrating.
    I do a lot of work on my system and for the 6 months I've had it, 1 month of it would have been in for repair...

In store I was advised that they would probably have given me a replacement but could not do it as it wouldn't be like for like as mine was purchased via the online store. The Genius that dealt with my query advised that I call Apple Care to complain on Monday which I plan to do;

Has anyone had any experience of faults like this and if so what are my options?

2. ecschwarz macrumors 65816

ecschwarz

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck—for the sake of conversation, is it the 15" model or the 13" model - anything particularly notable about the items you ordered it with?

Although it is somewhat of a case-by-case basis, Apple will make exchanges for "similar" machines if you have enough failures. There isn't a necessary formula or anything like that, but maybe ask what your options are (I think two failures may not be enough), but I'd keep track of what you're officially told and by whom.