Mid 2012 Non Retina MBP slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jamieserg, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Jamieserg macrumors member

I recently bought a Mid 2012 15' non retina MBP 2.3ghz model with 4gb ram. I've noticed that it freezes a lot and struggles to do simple tasks like web browsing. I've also had to hard reset my macbook twice.

It seems that Flash is slow but also opening apps are painful and scrolling choppy. Although this seems sporadic as sometimes it's as fast as I expect it to be.

There's also a loud scratching sound from the hard drive as well is this normal?

It's fully updated so I can't see what the problem is.

thanks

2. mac1984user macrumors 6502a

mac1984user

A loud scratching noise is certainly abnormal! You need to replace that computer as quickly as you can, or at least have Apple swap the HDD.

Also, as a side note, I find that the pre-installed system can have weird quirks, which is why I typically do a fresh install right after receiving my machine. You might want to try the same after you sort out the HDD issues.

3. Jamieserg thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Hopefully they can swap the drive out in store and then I'll try reinstalling osx :)

4. Queen6, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

HDD failure on face value, but I wouldn't waste the time to reinstall OS X, there is really no need...

5. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

If they swap the HDD for you then there will be a fresh install on the drive anyway. They won't just send you away with a blank HDD.