mid 2012 rMBP on the JetBlue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Badrottie, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I will be flying JetBlue from California to New York City I understand that it will not have AC power so I will have to use it on battery, my question is will it run longer during the flight to New York? I plan to watch movie from USB stick with VLC. Also I will use my iPad 2 if the rMBP runs out of battery. I do not want to get bored. I was told by JetBlue there will be no wifi. Oh well… :apple:

2. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

If you mean due to the time difference, not that way. Unfortunately, you will lose three hours going California to NYC. So maybe you will get better battery life on the return trip? ;):D

----------------

Depends on what you are doing. If you are watching movies as you say, with no Wifi or bluetooth on, and brightness not on max, it *should* last the entire flight (5 hours, right?). I would put the movies on the internal drive simply to not have to carry other stuff around (battery life shouldn't be all that different- its all flash in an rMBP). Plus you've got an iPad. You should be good for 5 or 6 hours at least!

3. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Are you serious? :eek:

4. mcarling macrumors 65816

Maybe Badrottie meant to ask whether the battery would last long enough.

5. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

Are you trying to make fun of me because of my deafness with poor english grammars? :apple:

----------

yes :apple:

6. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

It will run for a higher percentage of the trip from California to NYC because the flight is shorter. Tailwinds from the jet stream. This must be what the OP meant.

7. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

No. I'm just wondering how you figure time is not a constant even when changing time zones. :confused:

And what does deafness have to do with reading?

Also, why when people question somebody with a disability do you assume they are questioning your disability? What does your post (or mine) have to do with it?

8. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Stop putting Apple logos after every post. Don't be that guy.

9. mcarling macrumors 65816

Most people who are deaf from birth have great difficulty writing grammatically -- even in their native language. Hearing others speak is how we learn grammar; more so than reading, because spoken sentences tend to be simpler than written sentences.

10. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

His grammar is fine. No different than the 1000 of other posters here. I understood his post perfectly.

I do take issue with being accused of insulting somebody's impairment without just cause though.

11. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

It should last long enough. With an iPad for use if the laptop dies, you will be fine. Enjoy the flight.

12. Badrottie thread starter Suspended

Badrottie

Thanks Astroboy :apple:

----------

No when I read your comment it is like my english grammars is bad and feels like you are making fun of me. I know I am not very smart like you are. :apple:

13. cwosigns macrumors 65816

If a deaf person's native language is American Sign Language (ASL), then there is no written form of ASL. English is not often a deaf person's native language.