Mid 2013 air cases and keyboard covers?...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Stephenaureo, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Stephenaureo macrumors newbie

I'm new to the MBA from a older MacBook...I receive my 13" 256 8gb i5 today and was wondering if any thing is diffe rent from last years model...currently looking for a hardshell case and keyboard cover....also does anyone use a screen protector?...I've heard things about keys leaving imprint marks on screens.

thanks in advance !!

2. jedolley macrumors 68000

The only external difference is that the 2013 MBA now has dual mics on the left side. Speck is currently testing their 2013 version of their case, but has not said when it will be available. Basically, previous MBA cases should fit, but may block one of the mics.

As for a "screen protector" I would recommend either ShaggyMac or Radtech Screensaverz. Basically it's a thin cloth that sits on top of the keys and can double as a screen wipe.

3. Stephenaureo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I'll wait until an official release of a case then.

4. nariza7 macrumors member

5. jedolley macrumors 68000

No personal experience, but have seen video reviews and it looks nice. I do like that it's lined with microfiber and it would have been one of my top choices for my new MBA, but am going to get the new Speck case when it's available because it will be FREE for me! :D

6. iterva macrumors regular

Speck

Also waiting for Speck to update fit to the 2013 models..
    They do state on their website that cases should be available by end of June.. Just as a FYI :)

Info on this can be seen at speck's website, select cover and FAQ on selected cover.

7. nariza7 macrumors member

So far I am looking at the STM grip and speck SeeThru Satin cases. the STM one has microfiber lining which is the selling point for me. I have the smartcase on my ipad and I really like the microfiber lining there. Does anyone know how the interior of the Speck case is like (at least for the 2012 version)? I am afraid that if the speck case is hard on the inside, dust will get in and scratch the macbook. Something similar has happened to my android phone before so it is something I am more picky with. I am hoping that the new speck cases will have some kind of protective lining like microfiber or something.

8. jetlagged macrumors 6502

i highly recommend the moshi iglaze 13" shell case. it's really topnotch quality.

and for a sleeve, i recommend the be.ez la robe sleeve for macbook air.

both the above products are a bit expensive, but definitely worth it. i cant even see i have a shell case on, it blends in well. and the be.ez sleeve, its a bit of a tight fit, but plenty of cushion and protection

9. Stephenaureo thread starter macrumors newbie

i still find the moshi keyboard cover "sticky" on the keys...although most say smooth i find the opposite. i found the marware smooth with the black keys.