Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoldenSausage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
As the title reads, sometimes the indicator light does not turn on, even tho the battery icon on the top right corner of the screen says it's charging (the light gets brighter too so i know it's actually charging).

Does anyone have this issue?

edit: MBP and the charger is brand new

Last edited:

anonthymous

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
Are you using the right MagSafe power adaptor designed for your macbook model? Also is it OEM?

c0LdFire

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
It's probably faulty. Since you have a mid 2014 I'm assuming it's under warranty - Apple will swap it out without any questions.

GoldenSausage

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
It's probably faulty. Since you have a mid 2014 I'm assuming it's under warranty - Apple will swap it out without any questions.

i see.

Even though the plug that plugs into the laptop is flattish, i can still rotate the plug while its plugged in a little bit. Not sure if thats intended.

anonthymous

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
So long as you getting power into your Macbook, I'd just leave it like that. Basing on what others have said, this seems purely like a cosmetic issue. Perhaps the Led Light on the MagSafe Adaptor connector is burnt/busted which is likely what you're observing as the indicator light problem although I suspect it could be something else.

Take your charger to Apple and see if it can get replaced. Since it is brand new and hasn't really been used, I think that alone warrants a replacement/refund to get a new charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.