Mid 2014 Retina Macbook Pro Screen's - ALL LG ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by peace4al, Jul 30, 2014.

1. peace4al, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014

peace4al macrumors newbie

I was just checking out the refreshed models in store today and just out of curiosity checked the panel's information using color profiler. All models on the floor registered '0000A019'
    So did Apple stop buying panels from Samsung since this refresh ? I remember the late 2013 retina models on floor registered all Samsung.
    Can someone with a new machine check what panel is it equipped with ?

2. DaveOP macrumors 65816

Don't you think it's far more likely that all the models came in the same shipment, similar serial numbers even, and may have just been made with the same parts?

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You need to change the title of this thread. Your speculation on the tiny sample you had in the store isn't sufficient evidence to come to a conclusion like that.

4. Erphern macrumors 6502

Not to criticize the OP, but this sort of post usually prompts me to avoid forums for a while. ;)

The less I consider the internals of my new purchase, the more I enjoy the functionality!

5. AbootCanada macrumors newbie

Nope I have a samsung panel, LSN154YL01-A01. However that might change as I'm exchanging mine for a new one since I can hear a high pitched hissing noise when running something like blackmagic disk speed test. It happens during the read portion of the benchmark. EDIT: would also like to note that it is the 750m 2.5 ghz model.

6. peace4al thread starter macrumors newbie

The whole purpose of the thread is to ask owner of the new rMPB about the screen information.
    And just FYI I am asking for an opinion. You are the one who is drawing a conclusion. If forums were a place to draw conclusions, I think we would have the broadwell chip this year itself in the update

----------

How is the overall color uniformity on the panel ? Does it suffer from unevenness or yellowing ?

As far as the hissing is concerned, its a common issue. Here are some owners of late 2013 rMBP documenting it -
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1677211
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4056322?start=90&tstart=0

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Then change the thread title to reflect that it's a question. Right now it looks like you're claiming Mid 2014 Retina MacBook Pro screens are ALL LG.

8. Rbk23 macrumors regular

9. nirslsk macrumors newbie

Where can you see your panel model? I checked ColorSync/Devices/Displays, but it just says "Color LCD" there.

10. peace4al thread starter macrumors newbie

11. nirslsk macrumors newbie

Yeah... I bought this MBP to replace the one from my last job. I might be imagining it but I think the viewing angles on this one aren't quite as good.. more of a prism effect on the edges if I move my head to the right or left slightly. Not a deal breaker though.

12. Artimus12 macrumors 6502a

Artimus12

A019 here too.

This would have been better as a Poll - could have seen percentages at a glance.

13. ABC5S, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

14. salmankhan macrumors member

salmankhan

Same here.. I have an LG display Panel.. To be honest at first i was afraid because of my experience with Mid-2012 LG display panel and Image Retention Issues...BUt to be honest here this new generation of LG panels on the Current rMBP are simply awesome the colors are perfect, not a single dead pixel, no bleeding or any irregularities...Its jus perfect [touchwood].

p.s here at my authorised apple reseller store all the display models were having LG display panels

15. someoneoutthere macrumors regular

16. xzacm102 macrumors newbie

17. steberg macrumors newbie

A019 here as well on a 2 week old MBPr 15 mid 2014, bought in Sweden.

18. Dekema2 macrumors 6502a

Dekema2

0000A018 is me too, maybe its still Samesung.

19. cbecklund macrumors newbie

My late 2013 Retina Macbook Pro has an LG display and works flawlessly with no image retention issues. I'd stop worrying about it and enjoy your computer.

20. xzacm102 macrumors newbie

I agree. The latest gen LG screens seem to be flawless.
    Back to the topic and FYI - all rMBPs at Apple Stanford, CA store floor are also LGs

21. nirslsk macrumors newbie

Yeah, I think those were just post purchase jitters. I love the screen, and also got a Moshi iVisor matte screen protector which looks fantastic and reduces my eye strain to zero. Highly recommended if you prefer matte to glossy displays like me.