Mid 2015 Macbook Pro Knocking Sound

iPad Retina

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
Toronto
Hello have a Mid 2015 MacBook Pro and when i shake the MacBook pro from side to side, I've posted this before but I've called Apple but told me to just bring it into the Apple Store, haven't had the time

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
If you read these forums then this issue only exists on the 2016/2017 MBP and has never existed before, it means the new MBP's are terrible and all sorts.

So you're lying? No, IPS panels, random feature of them. It shouldn't affect the use of the machine in any way and only be observable when using it as a musical instrument. Don't worry about it, the only 'fix' is to replace the display, not something they'll do as a warranty. And there's no guarantee it would cure it, I think there's around a 50/50 split on whether the screen has it or not.

Anyway, don't panic, just carry on.

jerryk

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
This has been happening for years. Since the retina MBP days. I am interested in seeing how Apple resolves this for you.

kirqe

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2017
this issue only exists on the 2016/2017 MBP and has never existed before
Oh, where do you even get this facts

This problem, if it's a problem, existed from 2012.

From a few people I know, replacing the lid might work but there's no guarantee since a new one might have this problem too.

OP, You were shaking/squeezing it in the first vid now you shake it even harder. No wonder it became worse. Just stop shaking it.

Last edited by a moderator:

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
Oh, where do you even get this facts

This problem, if it's a problem, existed from 2012.

From a few people I know, replacing the lid might work but there's no guarantee since a new one might have this problem too.

OP, are you retarded? You were shaking/squeezing it in the first vid now you shake it even harder. No wonder it became worse. Just stop shaking it.
Hmm did you read my whole post or just cherry pick a quote there? Do you understand sarcasm or irony? If you read these forums there's SOOO many people complaining every other day about knocking, how Apple have gone down the pan in QC, how it's all doom and gloom etc. That's what I was references and if you looked or tried to quote harder you'd possibly have gotten that message.

Reactions: HenryDJP