Mid August Iphone 5 release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by korndawg, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Dunbar macrumors 6502a

Apple is going to have a big press event to announce the new iPhone. Since no Apple events are on the schedule, and we're a month away, I have to dismiss this one as very unlikely.

2. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

How i hope the link OP posted is true. If that's to happen, then we have to look forward to an event invite soon.
    Otherwise, it's more waiting for us.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

There are plenty of the jobs at the different stores.
    Tuesday 16th then?
    Apple's got more than enough time to call an announcement. (eg April 5th 2010 announced invite for April 8th event (iPhone 4 announced at WWDC so we knew that date beforehand)).

4. Dunbar macrumors 6502a

Except in the past they have always had the press event 3 weeks before the phone is actually released.

5. korndawg thread starter macrumors regular

They have always announced the iphone at WWDC too....... Just saying that anything could happen. Even tho I'm still betting the house on a Sept/Oct release.

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

And it's >4 weeks till the 16th. They could easily do that post earnings call or pre-earnings call - they've got to announce that Lion release at some point likely beforehand.

All we know is that they're needing staff across many stores - doesn't sound exactly like a mad rush for iPods- even iPod Touchs. Unlikely to even be Macs.

Unless it's the iPad Pro? ;)

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

I now think we are getting desperate for iPhone 5 news! :rolleyes: not holding my breath. Sept/Oct I agree is the earliest!

8. korndawg thread starter macrumors regular

I'm hoping that BGR was right all along......redesigned iphone 5 released in August.

9. nfl46 macrumors 604

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5259f Safari/6533.18.5)

I hate this new iPhone schedule. They should have just stuck to June releases. We could all be using our iPhone 5 now. I'm going to be pissed if this is a minor upgrade. Apple better bring it, if we are waiting 16 months for another phone. Nevertheless, I'm still buying it, but dang, October seems like forever!

10. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Agreed. I hate this new schedule. June/July is the perfect release time.

11. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Last year, Apple only had to deal with AT&T at launch. This year, they have to deal with AT&T and Verizon. So, they might need some additional time to build up. Or it could be just that, this iPhone upgrade is not as big step forward as the previous one.

August release makes a lot of sense to me...

iPhone is already behind the schedule and it needs to be updated asap.

September is really for iPods...

Ocotober is really for laptops again.

Apple should have at least 3 more events coming up this year.

12. Dunbar macrumors 6502a

There's 5 weeks left so you would need to believe Apple is going to give the world media 2 weeks notice (or less) to be in San Francisco. I'd say the likelihood of Apple doing that for an iPhone launch is pretty much zero.

13. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

You have to think they want people to start in Mid-August so they could be properly trained for the September release.

14. mjstaceyuofm macrumors newbie

The other reports talked about an August 9-12th training period for employment between August 16th to late October sometime. August 16th launch seems plausible, but as everyone else has suggested and has been re-iterated on numerous other threads, it's Apple - we won't know until the minute the latest and greatest iPhone comes out of an Apple executive's pocket on stage somewhere in front of a bunch of fawning Apple fans...

But yeah, bring it on already. Getting sick of all these threads, rumors, reports from sketchy Asian suppliers, etc. My 3GS is dying a slow death. I could care less if it's an iPhone 4S, or 5, redesigned or upgraded internals. I'm getting a new one the day it comes out. I personally hope it's mid-August.

15. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

16. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

I love posts like this. "No chance". I think this "news" proves there is a chance. Maybe you should look up the definition.

17. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Anybody can start rumours

18. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

There's a chance that it could be announced tomorrow. Is it likely? No. Is it anywhere CLOSE to being likely? NO. Is there a chance? YES.

19. CmdrThor macrumors member

Is no one paying attention to the fact that these August job postings are for a 3rd party reseller that is likely basing their hiring decisions on rumors and not real information?

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah... the thing is, Apple does not actually report to us... :eek: so they could change any of their business plans at any time.

I love regular product rollouts too, but it's not our call to mark up Apple's product cycle calendars. They'll launch something if and when it seems best for their balance sheet, given all advantages :) and constraints :( and uncertainties :confused: they can identify when they're making the decision.

Since Apple's pretty good at secrecy on their take of "the next thing" then we cannot assume anything about how launch of one of those, whatever it turns out to be, would impact what we may think of now as Apple's "usual" cycle of product refreshes.

21. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

No matter when it comes out, I can't wait!!!! My crackberry is running like poop and driving me nuts.... Bring on the global capable Verizon iPhone already!!!!

22. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I feel it will be released in September 100% guaranteed.

23. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

There's a whole world outside of the US, you know. :rolleyes:

24. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Tell me about it. It aggravates me all these posts about the iphone being delayed because they launched verizon a few months ago, or this one saying that they have to deal with verizon this year and need more help. The iphone has been sold in 80 something countries on dozens of different carriers since the 3G. the world does not revolve around the USA.