iPad mini Mid November?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Eric5964, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

So does anyone else think it is strange that we are 10 days out from "Mid November", and have no real idea on delivery dates of our cellular minis? Seems like Apple has always been a little more accurate on their ship dates of new products? So when will we know, 2 days before? Rather strange....thoughts?

EricE

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

My guess is they'll go silent until the 23rd then say "Ok we're shipping now" ... which I guess the term "mid November" would still Apply... lol. We can't assume the middle of the middle period of november (Nov 15)... in all fairness, the middle of the week to me is tuesday\wednesday\thursday, so in the same logic, mid november could conceivably be Nov 10-20... or a day or two before\after.... i dunno. I hope 15th or sooner tho!

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm just hoping that they begin shipping next week.

4. yegon macrumors 68020

Says late November here in the UK, boooo!

I can live with the wait though, wasn't even remotely tempted by a wifi version. The mini will go everywhere with me. Plus, I've always regretted getting a wifi 3rd gen, unlike the 3G versions I had on previous iPads. Tethering sucks balls, absolutely destroys my phones battery life. Didn't really matter so much when I had my iPhone 4 as my Mophie Juice Pack took up the slack, but the lack of Mophie for the 5 (currently) is killing me.

Plus, I miss the spontaneous browsing you can do with a cellular iPad - tethering requires a few extra steps of preparation. I suppose if data sims cost a fortune where you live tethering is the better option, but they're absolute peanuts here in the UK.