Mid-Year Back to School Promo in Australia?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by InsanO, Jul 22, 2011.

1. InsanO macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

First time poster here.

I just dropped into the Apple Store in Perth, Australia on my way home today to check out the new Airs and new Minis. The Apple guy told me to perhaps hold out buying for a little while as Apple is likely to start their Back to School Promo soon, under which he said they previously gave away a free iPod touch with Mac purchases.

Although I have heard of the Back to School Promo before, I thought it was something which was predominately run in the US and/or only at the start of the school year (Feb-March time)?

Can anyone shed some light on if/when this promo will take place in Australia?

Cheers

2. InsanO thread starter macrumors newbie

3. kailanmoore macrumors newbie

hey man,

I'm from Adelaide and I was in the same position as you. Since SA doesn't have an Apple Store, I decided to buy my iMac immediately, but I might be getting a MBA or MBP for uni as well.

As for the bonus iPod Touch, in the US, they offered a $100 App Store Gift card instead, to help promote the App Store's growth. So I don't know if you would want to wait for the gift card over the previous iPod Touch

Hope this helps a bit

4. InsanO thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that mate.

I'm pretty sure that IF the mid-year back to school promo happens here in Aus, it'll offer a $100 iTunes card rather than an iPod Touch.

My question relates more towards in the past have Apple done mid-year back to school promos in Australia, or do they only happen at the start of the year?