Middle Button a bit unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aoaaron, Aug 28, 2011.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

Hey, my 10month old iphone's middle button is sometimes unresponsoive. For example, if its locked I sometimes have to press it 3 times or so to get the lock screen to show up.

Is there a fix for this or an app known to mess with it? If not, do you guys suggest I go in with it to the apple store?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This is a known issue, go to the Apple Store.

3. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

I have the same issue, I just smack it on my thigh a couple times (can hurt) then it's good to go again.

Probably not the best way to solve it but hey if it works? ;)

4. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for your replies. What shall I say to them exactly so they take my issue seriously. I hate complaining and sometimes the problem is hard to emulate

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Just say that your Home Button doesn't work. they will press it a few times and determine that it in fact does not function normally, and will then give you a replacement.

I've had several friends go in for the same issue as you and all walked out with a new replacement. As a matter of fact, I will be going to the Apple Store in about two hours for the same issue, but on my iPod touch (first time ever that my home button has stopped working on any of my devices).

So if by the time I come back and you still haven't gone to the Apple Store, I'll report my experience.

6. pembs macrumors newbie

For your reference, it is called the Home Button. As others stated, visit your apple store.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I just wanted to give an update.

The Apple Store was vert busy, but once it was my turn to go to the Genius counter, I was in an out in less than 10 minutes (and I did get it replaced).

He told me that this is a very well known issue and he will go ahead a replace it for me (though he never even tested the button, he just "slide to unlock" and then checked the firmware version and serial number, then ran a diagnostic from his Macbook and that was it)