Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raabid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2014
So I have been trying to get my Yamaha Arius YDP-V240 to talk to my Macbook Pro running 10.8.4. I have installed the Yamaha driver as well as uninstalled it numerous times. Can anyone here help?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

SimonUK5

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2010
So I have been trying to get my Yamaha Arius YDP-V240 to talk to my Macbook Pro running 10.8.4. I have installed the Yamaha driver as well as uninstalled it numerous times. Can anyone here help?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Is this MIDI over USB or MIDI through an interface?

raabid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2014
There is a USB to Host connection coming out of the piano. I am connecting that directly to my computer via USB AB connector.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
There is a USB to Host connection coming out of the piano. I am connecting that directly to my computer via USB AB connector.

I looked at the specs. It's to bad there is not "Real MIDI" connectors. Just Yamaha's version of USB.

Would be nice if you could return/exchange the piano for one that has industry standard MIDI connectors. But you might be in luck there is a MIDI over USB standard. If the system is follow it then you don't need any drivers. Try removing them and plugging in the USB and then going to "About This Mac" and drill down to the USB section of the system report. See what it says about this piano.

Makes you want to kick someone at Yamaha. What did they save by not including MIDI ports $2 maybe?

Di.Mon

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2016
Hi guys. I understand that I bumping up old post, but I just faced exact same problem as a topic starter. Anybody know an answer to this question? rabid, have you solved an issue?

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
Hi guys. I understand that I bumping up old post, but I just faced exact same problem as a topic starter. Anybody know an answer to this question? rabid, have you solved an issue?
I think just a USB connection or a single port MIDI to USB interface shouldn't require a driver. OSX CoreMIDI takes care of this. Your keyboard should show up in the Audio/MIDI utility either turned on(highlighted)or off. Wether your DAW or some music program recognizes it could be a separate issue.

I'm having this issue with the latest version of Logic Pro X. Sometimes I get a dialog box saying CoreMIDI is not available when I load Logic or it just stops working while in it. I have to reload Logic or even sometimes shutdown to get a MIDI connection in Logic again. I have no issue with my other DAWs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.