Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christian...

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hey,
I'm not sure whether any of you can help me with this...But i would be very grateful if you could.
So i have a macbook with the latest garage band, a micro korg and a presonus firebox interface,and all the cables...etc.
However I can't seem to get my korg to send a signal to garage band or find it in midi set-up...
have i missed something??
Any advice will be welcomed!
thanks

spinne1

macrumors 6502a
From doing some research it appears your problem is that the Firebox did not implement the firewire standards correctly so that it cannot be initially powered by the firewire bus in Macbook Pro (and maybe Macbooks as well). Your solution? Use your Firebox's AC adapter until it is powered up and then if you want you could take the AC adapter out (or just leave it powered that way).

From presonus's website:

Note: Due to a circuit design change, Mac Book Pro laptop computers will not supply sufficient power over the FireWire bus to initially boot up the FireBox. Once the FireBox has beeen initially powered on with the included external power supply, you may disconnect the external power supply, the FireBox can then be bus-powered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.