Midi on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blastingas10, Jan 23, 2013.

1. blastingas10 macrumors member

I couldn't find another thread on this, so excuse me if there is one.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on good midi apps. Preferably Apps that have many different instruments. I downloaded the free version music studio and it seems to be pretty good. I might get the full version. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for midi keyboards? I'm thinking about getting the akai lpk25. It's cheap and seems pretty simple, so I think it would be a good starting point.

I was also wondering if anyone had any suggestions on recording apps. I've used GarageBand for a while now and I'm pretty content with it, but I'm willing to try others.

Any reccommendations would be appreciated.

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

3. blastingas10 thread starter macrumors member

I'll definitely stick with GarageBand when it comes to plugging in my guitar with my apogee jam, neither of which i can complain about. the jam has realy good sound quality. I really love garage bands guitar amps, just wish they had more pedals but they have a decent selection.

It's kind of limited when it comes to midi, though. I've figured I can compose my midi with music studio, play it, then record It with GarageBand in the background.