Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greengeorge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
hi, im running a 2,33 ghz MBP C2D, this is kinda a complicated plea for help

ive got ableton live 6.0, reason 4.0, and garageband 08 running but rarely simultaneously, got an M audio keystation 49e controlling midi

its been running smooth for the last year, but yesterday almost everything concerning midi on my mbp has been crippled,

reason : "failed to open midi support library, app cannot start"
GB : "detected a possible conflict between one or more third party midi or audio drivers"
Live : starts but doesnt read any midi signals

i tried the Audio/Midi Setup app, and it says : "unable to launch midi server"
then the app eats 99% of processor power and wont respond even to force quit, cant even shutdown had to press the power button manually

i cant think of anything i installed or made changes to between the time it last worked and the time it started acting up (only a few hours in between without a restart or anything) i emptied my midi driver folder and no change its still like that

any help would be much appreciated, thx for your attention

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
This might be more popular posted in the Digital Audio forum. I presume you've done the usual tricks of repair permissions, restarted etc? OS X shouldn't need drivers for your Keystation. Have you tried plugging it into another USB port?

If none of the above works it sounds like it could be a re-install fix :( good luck though buddy

greengeorge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2006
got it, seems the culprit are the logs and preferences files, i did a search of everything with the word midi on its filename, moved them to a folder and voila its back in action, anybody with similar trouble should try this, thx pulsewidth

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.