Midnight Blue Apple Leather Case on Black or White?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Anthony T, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I really like the look/color of the new Midnight Blue Apple Leather case for the 6/6 Plus.

Does anyone here think it looks weird on the space gray because of the black front and I should go with the silver phone instead (the navy blue looks better on the white front)? I just feel like black and navy blue don't really mix well, but I like the space gray more.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MGQV2ZM/A/iphone-6-plus-leather-case-midnight-blue?fnode=47

Just trying to get opinions.

2. profets macrumors 68040

I think it looks nice on the black/space grey iPhone.

I'd say choose the colour of the iPhone you like first. I'm torn myself, think the space grey and silver/white both look great.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I have the silver 5s now with the black leather case. This time, I will be getting the silver 6 with the midnight blue case.

I personally think the midnight blue case looks better with the white iPhone 6, but there's nothing wrong with how it looks on the space grey iPhone 6. Choose the color you want for your phone first, the case should be secondary.

4. profets macrumors 68040

5. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I have the space gray plus coming friday and I went with black and navy case. Black is my first choice because I like my devices all black. But navy looked really good. It adds a hint of "personality" over the traditional black. The more I look at the pictures, the more I want to make navy my daily driver.

7. My Name is URL macrumors 6502

I have a silver iPhone 6 coming and went with the midnight blue. Love the combination.

8. fullauto, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Have always gone black, nearly went white / silver this time (looks awesome with the blue) but the black face makes the 6+ look more 'complete'. Black / blue looks just as good IMO.

9. 2k2tii macrumors newbie

2k2tii

Can anybody post pics of the midnight BKE leather case on their space gray iphone? Thanks.

10. wxnats, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

wxnats macrumors 6502a

I just purchased the Midnight blue leather case for my silver 6+. I like my Spigen bumper more.

Attached Files:

11. Sh4wN macrumors regular

I have the midnight blue case on my spacegray 6+. To be honest, I'm probably gonna exchange it for the brown one. The blue looks good in really bright light, but I found it to be pretty boring under subpar lighting conditions (say, shade, regular light bulbs etc.). It's really a very, very dark blue shade and just isn't contrasting the black front of the phone enough imo. Don't trust the images on the Apple store on this one.

The white iPhone is a lot easier in that regard: it looks pretty amazing with all available colors.

The brown case has a much better color than the 5s leather case last year and looks pretty classy with the spacegray, so I will give that combo a try.

12. walds11 macrumors 6502a

I went with olive brown. Very classy! Looks like it will patina into a nice, dark antique brown. And it's a darker brown compared to the 5S leather case.

13. biosci macrumors 6502a

14. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

I'm personally getting the silver iPhone 6 with the midnight blue case.
    The gold is too yellow this year, so I don't think it'll look good.
    And I've never fancied the space gray, because it has a black front glass.

I think it looks very nice. The combination silver and midnight blue, that is.

15. AreanFSL macrumors 6502

Ditto, perfect combo with space grey.

16. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

Got the midnight blue case for my silver 6 and love the combination. Hoping they bring out a midnight blue case for the iPad now.