Midnight for The New Apple Upgrade Program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ohsnaphappy, Sep 11, 2015.

1. ohsnaphappy macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

Anyone else going to request a reservation tonight at midnight for the Apple Upgrade Program? How do you think it will work? At midnight I request a reservation...a phone arrives at the Apple Store for me on the 25th...I get summoned. I come in and pick which carrier I want...But how's that work? Do I pick a data plan there at the Apple Store? Interesting stuff

2. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

It's odd that they haven't provided more details. I guess we'll find out at midnight.

My suspicion is that the reason it says "credit card required" even though it's a loan, is that they WILL reserve an iPhone for you tonight so you can pick it up when you go into the store, but in order to do that they have to put a hold on your credit card until they verify your eligibility for the loan. That's my guess. So that would seem to indicate that you CAN reserve a phone and pick it up.

If, on the other hand, there is no way to specify color/size/model when you make the appointment, I think it's more likely you'll have to place the order in-store and wait.

But either way I think you have to activate the phone with a plan in-store.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I think at midnight you reserve the phone you want with the carrier you want. You go in store to complete the transaction/credit check.

4. predation macrumors 6502a

so you can't even order a phone for delivery to your home?
    tonights preorder is for store pickup?

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

No. We are talking specifically about Apple's new upgrade program. All other preorders are as normal.

6. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

Pre-orders are for buying a phone online and having it shipped, like in the past. Reservations are for going into the store, setting up the loan, buying the phone. Two different things happening tonight.