Midnight wait

Discussion in 'iPad' started by My name is Alex, Sep 14, 2010.

1. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Hey Guys, no need for the repetitive thread whether to get the iPad now or in a few months, I already know I'm getting the next one. I'm gonna wait in line on release day at midnight. I was just wondering about the atmosphere and what the experience is like. Is there an awesome buzz in the air or is it just a long wait in the cold for a new product with a bunch of other people. Stories and other stuff are appreciated too. Thanks. :apple:

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Feels like thread starter is trying to get another iPad 2 story started...
    Ipad 2 won't be out for another 5-6 months or longer.

3. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Sorry if I didn't make it clear but I did write that this isn't another one of those iPad 2 threads. I mean I've seen a billion of them already. I was just wondering what the atmosphere was like waiting for other products... (i.e. iPhone or first iPad) do people go off their nut when the doors open and do people get stomped on, stuff like that. I'm just curious that's all.

4. lozpop macrumors 6502

5. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

6. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

7. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

I gotta save up for it. I'm sixteen and I wanna use as little of my parents money as possible.

8. coneman5259 macrumors member

coneman5259

I wish more sixteen year olds were like you and didn't expect everything to be handed to them by their parents. Well back in my day...I'll save that rant.

9. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

I hate people who's parents buy them everything. I'm 16, I have had 3 iPhones (bought the 3G on launch day, 3GS, iPhone 4) and I pay my part of the phone bill every month ($45). I'm currently saving for an iPad also.

10. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Yeah I've got a 3GS. But I went to the apple store and played around with an iPad and I was like :eek: :D. I then believed those stories of people that went in the store with no intention of buying one then walked out the store with one. It was just a little bit magical:apple: it's not for everyone though. My friends one of those PC nuts. Nothing I can do or say can make him see the light. He's almost as stubborn as Jack Shephard

11. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

do you know what i hate? married 20/30-somethings whose parents still pay for their phone bill. complete joke. i've got relatives on both sides of the family who get completely taken care of. it's bugs me. not about the money, either. i've been offered the same and turned it down out of principle.

i love to hear about people like you who show enough responsibility to pay for their own things at that age, even if it's only a cell phone.

12. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Yeah it's only a phone but I hope by my 20's I'll be able to sustain myself. I prefer the responsibility, and there's more of a thrill getting something you've worked for, and you take care of it more cause you're more careful with it. I've just taken a case off my 3GS because feeling the phone 'naked' feels awesome :)

13. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Well I am guilty of still having my 23 year old son and the wife's 22 year old daughter on my cell phone plan. The boy is about to get his own plan. Wife's daughter has MS and is trying to goto school, so I don't mind her being on the plan too much.

14. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Isn't that what parents are for? I kid I kidd...:D I'm 17 FYI. Anyways I pay for my things and so does my sister...but sometimes my parents will outright by me things, I don't expect it but it's nice. My sister helps out allot around the house (mom number 2 to me) so I guess that's "payment".

15. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

The atmosphere is amazing you meet several random people and make friends and if you're lucky apple employees give you free water bottles!!!!:D

16. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

it's totally different when you're under 18 and living at home. i just meant i wish more were like him because he obviously won't be expecting things to pay (when he's totally capable in this hypothetical) 10 years down the road. if you're still a kid in school, if you're parents want to pay for everything, great. if not, oh well. life lessons learned.

sorry for leading the discussion way off track.

17. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

that's cool, though. i didn't mean to judge every situation. i just have family that is in great financial situations, late 20s, career, no debt and their parents are paying for their flippin' phone.

i have a daughter myself and can't imagine what it's like to have a child that has MS or something similar. my heart goes out to those who have a child in that type of situation.

18. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

That's fine, surprises are always awesome. This is just something I've planned out. And i play tennis everyday, so that's why it's taking me so long to get 900 bucks. ($50 for apple case and $100 for apps, $730 for iPad here in Australia).
    Anyway I'm gonna attempt to try and bring this thread back to it's original question. Has anyone ever waited overnight or for hours in line for one of their products. I just plan on taking my brother(1. No one would steal it off me, he's a big guy 2. I'll be too excited to drive) and a couple of chairs and my iPhone to look at all those repetitive iPad 2 threads that I'm sure will pop up in a few months (heck, even now).

19. saberahul macrumors 68040

Well I'm 35 and my parents bought me my iPad. Enough said?

20. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

lol. that's actually pretty sweet. a gift is a bit different than a recurring bill. i should talk my parents into getting me an ipad!

21. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I love waiting in line over night for the iPhone and iPad. The thrill of it makes you forget that your bed is made of concrete for the next 8 hrs, but then again, no one really goes to sleep. There is always great conversation from people who may be serial rapists and stalkers but you love it anyway. The anticipation is almost overwhelming, but there is always a fellow super fan who eases that by bringing donuts for the first 12 people in line. When you go, make sure you bring your patience with you because there will at least be 4 to 5 people just walking by who will ask, "What are you guys standing in line for?!" this is a very humbling experience. You realize then that you are one of very few who actually gives a **** about apple. I can't wait till APRIL rolls around. If you do happen to go to sleep, depending on the city u are in, you May wake up to a line that seems to have grown faster than an erection. It literally may be wrapped around the apple/AT&T store. The water thing is true. But they don't even bother to give us the SMART WATER brand stevo is always sucking down in his keynotes. When the door finally opens up, you start getting this funny Charlie and the Chocolate Factory feeling. It's really one of the best experiences one could have. All ******** aside.

22. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Wow that was great. Thanks for writing that.:D I don't know if I'll have to sleep though. Over here in Australia they're not as hardcore as you guys in America. No one really appreciates my LOST signature(unlike Lozpop) either cause not many people watch it over here (it's a shame). Anyone else got any experiences to share...?

23. My name is Alex thread starter macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Today I just found out that my brother is gonna pay for half of my iPad, he was so casual when he said it, I was like, 'are you sure, are you sure'. Now I can relax more and not worry as much about saving up for it and I can get the 64GB wifi model now instead of the 32 which I was gonna get. This news made my month for some reason. I hope the new ones got some new awesome feature and not just a camera cause apples been pretty good lately at updates and they've been quite generous and next year all the iPad 'killers' are arriving next year so the next iPad will just have to be improved a little bit and that would be cool. But I guess we'll see soon enough.

24. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...will he expect you to share it with him?

Sorry to be a buzz kill if that thought hadn't crossed your mind:eek:

25. Built macrumors 68020

I HATE waiting in lines, and would do ANYTHING to avoid some of the scenes at the Apple stores on Launch Day.

For example, I tried like crazy to be the lucky ones to score an iPhone 4 order online through Apple.com on June 15th. Tried all day...dealing with crashing servers, etc...Finally got through, and had my iPhone 4 delivered to my door the morning of June 23rd....long before most people even began lining up for launch day on June 24th.

To be honest, the launch day stories of those who waited in line in front of an Apple store posted in the iPhone forum were enough to make me NEVER want to wait in line for anything Apple.

Of course, if I were 16, it might be exciting, but when I think back to when I was 16, I STILL don't think I would have enjoyed waiting in line.

My advice is to PRE-ORDER the day pre-ordering begins, and have your new iPad delivered to your door.

Let's face it...a line is a line...and you have PLENTY of lines in your future.