MIFI, MIFI, MIFI: Searching for Folio with Pocket for MIFI

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lenow, May 19, 2010.

1. Lenow macrumors regular

Friends:

I am still searching for a folio type case (Apple, SEna, Vaja, etc) that is slim without bulk, and also has a pouch or pocket for a Verizon or Sprint MiFi card. Yes, I know that Sprint makes a sleeve, but not a Folio. I want a case that allows use of the IPad in the folio, bends around to use like a book or a stand, and that has a built in pocket or holder for the MiFi card. The closest I have come to finding one is the M-Edge latitude Jacket, but it really is a bit bulky and has to zip open to use and has no stand built in. I have asked so many manufacturers, but no one seems to take interest. For those of you using MiFi cards (those of us who didn't by the 3G), anyone found a solution?

I saw one creative person who used velcro on an Apple Folio, but that is still a bit clunky.

2. jedolley macrumors 68000

Have you looked at the Happy Owl Clutch or Wallet? I know these aren't out yet, but they advertise a pocket for a mobile phone. The MiFi is smaller than most phones and should work. If you look at the pictures (mock ups), you will see it looks like they have room for what appears to be an iPhone.

http://www.happyowlstudio.com/the-clutch.html

It looks like both the Clutch and the Wallet have this feature, but the Wallet Lite does not.

3. Lenow thread starter macrumors regular

Happy Owl Maybe

I put the Wallet on pre-order several weeks ago, although I have concerns that no one may ever see this product. It might do the trick but I am concerned it is going to be too thick and bulky for me. Thanks, though.

4. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I have the Apple case. I bought a $15 Case Logic neoprene sleeve for a netbook at Micro Center. The sleeve has a zippered pocket. iPad with Apple case on fits in the neoprene case. FWIW.

6. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

7. Lenow thread starter macrumors regular

STM, SF Waterfield EXO and M-Edge Latitude Jacket

Thanks for the responses above. The STM looks like a great bag and very reasonably priced. I just got the SF Waterfield Exo Pouch and it is very well made and very functional. I will be posting more of a review under its own heading. I like it because I can keep the Apple Folio on my iPad and just slide it into the SF Waterfield Exo for walking around. The clips for the shoulder straps are placed nicely so I can clip my MiFi card in its plastic case with a carbiner and just rest it inside the outside pocket on the Exo. For now, this will be my case solution until something better comes along. The M-Edge Latitude is also a nice case as a stand alone, it just still feels a little bulky to me when I want to use the iPad. You can fold it around and read like abook, but there is a lot of fabric just hanging around and I still like the sleeker feeling of the iPad in the Apple folio. I emailed the folks at MacCase and finally got a response that they might take a look at a folio with a pouch for the Mifi card. Time will tell. Maybe the Happy Owl case will eventually be released and be a good solution.

8. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats