iPad Might Air 2 be less strong than other iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sinar, Oct 25, 2014.

1. sinar macrumors regular

I'd love to hear some opinions on the possible strength and durability of the Air 2 compared to other iPads.

I have bought and Air 2 to replace my iPad 3, and i'm really loving it, so much faster and responsive, i'm not too fussed about the speaker vibration, and i've got one with a screen that i'm happy with.

I do get a bit of screen distortion when i hold it in a certain place, not something I care about in itself, but its making me wonder if the Air 2, being so thin is less durable and might be more easily broken.

I've had iPads, 1, 2, 3, mini and retina mini. I've never felt that they seemed fragile, never had any issues, and i'm sure if i babied the Air 2 it would be fine, but i have cats, and they often walk all over the ipads (with smart cover on) and i'm worried it might damage the thin Air 2.

Its not feasible to stop the cats doing whatever they want , nor would i want to, I can't part with the Air 2, its just so nice, so i'm considering taking it to the Apple store and getting Applecare+ on it just in case a cat cracks it when they walk on it.

I"m wondering if i'm over reacting, and the Air 2 might be as tough as the others.

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I was at an Apple store yesterday. The Air 2 is so thin and light, but still feels durable.