Might be a bit paranoid but oh well

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bankaimadness, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

I got the base Macbook pro 15 inch recently and from my own point of prospective I have been taking care of my Macbook pro very well. I mean who wouldn't if you bought something close to 2k right? Anyways, when I went about finishing my business with the MBP, I gently closed down the lid and right when it hit at about 40 or 50 degree angle there was a slight creaking sound. I mean its like creaakkkk..... and then it closed. There doesn't seem to be any creaking when I open the lid though.

So it seems kinda strange that there would be a creaking sound when the macbook pro was bought recently at an Apple Store.

I still have a one year warranty if anything goes wrong but I am just wondering if exterior sounds pertaining to the machine is normal?

2. OriginalNot macrumors member

from what I've heard this is a quite common problem. The hinge just gets a little bit too tight or too loose depending. For you it sounds like it is a bit too tight. Head on down to your nearest apple store and ask them about it. It's a quick simple and usually free repair that most geniuses can do.

3. Bankaimadness thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh right thanks.

I guess I can wait till next year or when my warranty is close to expire.