might be buying an ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macfellow :), Sep 15, 2010.

1. macfellow :) macrumors newbie

okay iv'e been thinking about buying an ipad but iv'e been thinking is it really just an oversized ipod touch or is it much more. i already have a 16gb ipod touch so i dont wanna dish out 500 or 600 bucks on something i already have just bigger. so yea any feedback on the ipad or your own opnion on it would be nice thank's

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I love my iPad
    And I think it is much more than a Touch

What do you plan to use it for?

3. macfellow :) thread starter macrumors newbie

probably web browsing ,music and movies just average stuff at the moment probably much more once i like actually play with it for awhile

4. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

When you say 16GB, you have either a first or second gen iPod touch so an iPad is much better feature-wise than that.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

The web browsing and movie experience on the iPad v. the Touch will be significant

6. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

Personally, and having an iPhone 3G, I'm trying to hold a while more, until the iPad 2 will be released. I don't think a touch is an option for me. Either iPhone 4, although I'm not completely convinced it's so a step ahead, or iPad 2.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

If you don't need it now or you can do without it... then waiting is always an option. But there is always a new update/upgrade around the corner. I have enjoyed my iPad since launch, but for those buying now, it is a decision you have to consider. I doubt you will see a new iPad before Spring unless it is the rumored smaller version.

8. sammcj macrumors member

sammcj

I love my iPad, but if I was you I'd DEFINITELY wait for one with more RAM / a better display.

Don't get me wrong, the current display is 'good' but it's not great.

However, the lack of RAM is of endless annoyance to me when using Safari and it having to constantly reload pages.

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I personally wouldn't want to wait that long... probably the Spring
    I might would buy now and sell when the new ones come out and enjoy it in the mean time

10. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

11. BaronStein macrumors regular

It would be the best money that you've ever spent, but I'd rather wait for the next revision.

12. Built macrumors 68020

BUY IT. You will be so happy you did.

This is coming from somebody with an iPhone 4 32GB and 2 iTouches 64GB. I resisted as long as I could and am happy I made the leap. NO regrets.

13. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Yes... Buy it now if you don't reckon you'll use FaceTime much (I dont think many will). It also depends how patient you are

14. macfellow :) thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to everyone that responded to my post I probably will end up getting one around or after holidays cause ill have some extra money.. But I do have one more thing is getting a screen protector for the iPad worth it or not