Carrier Might switch carriers but have no phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frocco, May 15, 2017.

1. frocco macrumors 6502

frocco

Hello,
    Currently using a gophone Samsung Express 3, but am thinking of switching back to Verizon as coverage is slightly better in my area. I have two lines active on Verizon and ported third to AT&T.

Do to a bad deal with Verizon, I traded in my 6S plus and when deal fell through, they would/could not give me back my phone.

The problem is I have no phone for Verizon, so I need to finance one through them.

1. 7 plus
    2. S8 plus
    3. S8
    4. Pixel

I like to upgrade every year, so I am leaning towards the iPhone, but the S8 is currently better in features.

I could get an iPhone SE for gophone, and wait until the next iPhone is out.

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

OK? What is your question exactly ?

Go to Verizon and ask what they can do for you. Or give Verizon a call, tell them your situation and ask what they can do for you.

3. frocco thread starter macrumors 6502

frocco

Thanks, I tried that, that is why I ported out. I just felt like a number to them.
    The best they will do is give me 90.00 in credit to cover my port back.

4. bufffilm, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

I'd keep my eyes on Verizon, BB and other places to see if deals pop up between now and Sept.

With some luck, Verizon may roll something out by then and you can jump on.

As for being just a number to Verizon...well yeah, did you expect different? And when you jumped off, was it any different at your current carrier?

I'd say probably not.

5. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Any carrier is most likely going to make you feel like a number. Check out the used market as well especially if you want an iPhone 7/7+/SE and don't want to pay full retail so close to the new one

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Only time you may not feel like a number is just before you sign a new contract. It is just like renting an apartment or buying a car. Once the transaction is done and over so is the relationship most of the times.

7. frocco thread starter macrumors 6502

frocco

I know what you are saying, I guess I acted kinda rash. I have not been with the other carrier long enough to have a bad experience.
    Since I just have a cheap gophone, I really do not have too much invested. I have two lines currently with Verizon, so it does not make much sense to go to a post paid account with AT&T unless I ported all numbers.

Guess I will just start looking for a phone to use on Verizon. I have all Apple products at home. TV, Mac
    Was going to get the S8+, but may stay with Apple.