Might there be any iPad promotions coming?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MoFanatic, Oct 3, 2012.

1. MoFanatic macrumors newbie

I missed the Back to School promotion a few weeks ago trying to decide between the WiFi / 4G version. Now that I've made my mind up I regret not buying sooner. Any chance there might be some promotions coming? I see that the Back to School promotion is a pretty regular late summer / early fall event. Anything else coming I might be able to take advantage of?

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

There may be some slight discounts on Black Friday.

3. MoFanatic thread starter macrumors newbie

What's a slight discount? Is the Back to School promotion pretty much the only one throughout the year other than price drops when new models are introduced?

Appreciate your insight.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

You can look up the discounts for Black Friday 2011. As I recall it was in the $40-$50 range.

5. cvaldes macrumors 68040

Apple's Black Friday discounts are modest, typically around 5% for select items. Not everything is discounted: notably, the iPhone is never discounted by Apple.

6. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I would just buy it now if you were planning on it. There might not even be a discount on the iPad for Black Friday, and if there were I bet it would be pretty small.

7. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

not sure if it could ever match the promotion for the iPad 3:

Buy 1, get 5 free to use, then you get a good one to keep

8. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

The best deal on iPads by far is to get a refurbished unit. All refurbs from Apple for their mobile devices come with a new case, new battery, and full warranty. It is essentially like-new.

You can also take advantage of it immediately today instead of hoping for a sale some day. (Provided they have refurb stock of course.)