Might there be any iPad promotions coming?

MoFanatic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
I missed the Back to School promotion a few weeks ago trying to decide between the WiFi / 4G version. Now that I've made my mind up I regret not buying sooner. Any chance there might be some promotions coming? I see that the Back to School promotion is a pretty regular late summer / early fall event. Anything else coming I might be able to take advantage of?

MoFanatic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
What's a slight discount? Is the Back to School promotion pretty much the only one throughout the year other than price drops when new models are introduced?

Appreciate your insight.

Comment

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
You can look up the discounts for Black Friday 2011. As I recall it was in the $40-$50 range.

Comment

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Apple's Black Friday discounts are modest, typically around 5% for select items. Not everything is discounted: notably, the iPhone is never discounted by Apple.

Comment

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I would just buy it now if you were planning on it. There might not even be a discount on the iPad for Black Friday, and if there were I bet it would be pretty small.

Comment

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
not sure if it could ever match the promotion for the iPad 3:

Buy 1, get 5 free to use, then you get a good one to keep

Comment

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
The best deal on iPads by far is to get a refurbished unit. All refurbs from Apple for their mobile devices come with a new case, new battery, and full warranty. It is essentially like-new.

You can also take advantage of it immediately today instead of hoping for a sale some day. (Provided they have refurb stock of course.)

Comment